Graphite/Carbon Electrode Production Facility
Formerly of GrafTech International
Complete Graphite/Carbon Electrode Production Facility
Formerly of GrafTech International
330 Plus Acres ● Approx. One Million Sq. Ft. under roof ● Prime Nashville Sub-Market
2013 Isostatic Press Line
- Avure Technologies Quintus cold Isostatic press, type QIC 2.235 X 3.683 –1172 129 MPA, design pressure @ 50°C, includes (3) 300 HP tri-cylinder high pressure water-jet skids rated at 20,000 psi operating pressure, El Giro filter and chilled water skids, with full PLC controls.
- Hosokawa Alpine jet milling system, Model 630 AFG all stainless, includes magnetic separator, intermediate rotary grinder on feed, gravimetric feed to Super Sack bagger, digital load cells and DRO, and full PLC controls (complete 2013/14 installation).
- (3) Powder fill and pack towers including isostatic bin container lifts, Matcon gravimetric feeds, stainless steel single deck screens, (50) Isotatic bin containers from 1500 to 3000 litre, plus large assortment of molds and rubber bladders.
- CPE Filters bag house central dust collection system, model 120-TNDF-600C 120, with pneumatic pulse cleaning, and Garden City 200 hp drive motor.
Curing and Graphitization
- 2013 Swindle & Dresser double car curing installation with 20’ X 65’ X 25’ high gas fired 3MM BTU/HR curing ovens, rail car bottoms, 75’ triple rail mounted loaders.
- (4) 2011 Inductotherm furnaces, 82” diameter X 160” deep dimple jacketed types, with shared 1,350 kVA input –1,250 kW output power supply, graphite heating coils, PLC controls.
- (6) 2012 Ajax/Tocco coil wrapped induction furnaces, 55” dia. X 120” deep with (3) 1,250 kVA input – 1,000 kW output power supplies, graphite heating coils, and PLC controls.
- Complete sand storage, transport, and reclamation system with cone bottom silo, Hapman PLC controlled paddle style transport system, Continental vertical bucket elevator, Tycan vibratory style screen, plus assorted auger screw feed conveyors.
Extrusion and Hydraulic Press Installations
- Watson Stillman 1750-ton extrusion press, hot water jacketed tilting type, 57” feed, 100” ram stroke, dual hydraulic drive with PLC controls, complete with 24” to 40” dia round dies, and rectangular dies of 15” X 30”, 24” X 30”, 24” X 48”, and 30” X 36”.
- HPM 1250-ton vertical four post down acting hydraulic press, 188” maximum daylight opening fill system with roll in transport table, 36” to 75” diameter hot/cold jacketed molds, main & auxiliary hydraulic drives, assorted bolsters, and Allen Bradley PLC controls.
Pulverizing, Crushing, Mixing & Blending
- Pulverizing mills include Steadman 42012-40 HP hammer mill, and Matcon 100 HP AC mill supported by Metso 48” X 36’ vibratory conveyor, stainless auger conveyors and vertical bucket elevator, plus Matcon rotary IBC tote blenders & filler.
- Crushing equipment features Jeffrey Rockbuster 250 HP double roll crusher, Jeffrey Model 34-100 HP jaw crusher, Jeffrey 40 HP double roll grinders, plus Raymond GR513-75 HP roller mills with Whizzer mechanical air separators.
- IBC mixing and loading system featuring (4) Baker Perkins hot oil jacketed paddle mixers with newly rebuilt drives and PLC controls (complete mezzanine installation).
- Graphite extraction pad on raised mezzanine with (2) Vertical stainless steel 2,500 USG mixing tanks, stainless steel extractors, horizontal spray bar fillers with tanks and pumps, Travianni 40 HP vacuum pumps, and Wisconsin panel system drying oven.
- Specialty additive tower with rotary fiber fluffer, Acrison BDF–3–1–T/2 gravimetric feeder, Rietz 18” rotary chopper, Eriez pass through magnetic separator, Super Sack bag filling station with with Mettler Toledo weigh cell system.
Graphite Machining & Cutting Equipment
- Giddings & Lewis/Davis NC double end threading mill, 60” turning diameter X 145” bar length, dual hydraulic chucks, steady rests, 45’ auto index feed & discharge, upgraded CNC controls.
- Louden through feed dual head planer mill, 60” X 20’ T-slot table, 5 T bridge crane loading and handling system, pedestal controls with multiple DRO.
- 2010 Sawing Systems 72” diameter blade rail mounted traveling beam saw with 360° rotary table; plus double arbor cross cut saw, 76” dia. blade with track mounted servo table.
- Track mounted bridge saws, (1) 96” dia., with 2’ X 12’ through feed chain drag table, and (1) 76” dia., with 124” X 17’ through feed drag table.
Material Handling & Motor Vehicles
- Caterpillar & Hyster 20,000 & 30,000 lb capacity all terrain diesel forklifts, plus Hyster 22,500 lb diesel fork with roll clamp carriage.
- Assorted Taylor, Hyster & Clark forklifts ranging in sizes of 7000, 8000, 12,000 lb, 14,400 & 15,500 lb capacities, mostly diesel units.
- Wheel & tracked loaders include Cat 928G, 936E and 953 models, plus Bobcat skid steers, and 2012 TUG 6,000 lb. tow tractor with (8) curtain sided pull cars (like new condition).
- (10) Man & boom lifts includes 2011 Genie GS2032 scissor lifts, Genie Z45/25 LP boom lift, and JLG 600 Diesel 60’ boom lift.
- (20+) Assorted motor vehicles including VAC truck, boom truck, dump trucks, service and utility bed trucks, pick-ups, portable air compressors, and others.
Facility Support Equipment (partial listing)
- Late model compressed air installations include 2012 IR Centac 350 HP water cooled centrifugal compressor, 2010 IR 250 HP VSD, and 2008 IR R160 Nivana compressors.
- Wide assortment of general purpose machine tools, fabricating equipment, maintenance supplies, and test and measurement instruments.
- Large spare parts warehouse with stores inventory, safety related equipment, IT and communications systems, plus raw material inventory.
- (12+) P & H double girder bridge cranes throughout facility, from 10-ton to 40-ton capacities, most with RF remote controls.
2-Day Live and online auction, Wednesday & Thursday, February 14th & 15th starting at 10:00 a.m. CST.
Inspection available by appointment only.